Wednesday, December 9, 2015

action

doing what I want
which is all I ever do
which is all anyone ever does
whatever they may think
whatever they may say

stung by the chastisement
of my mind
to do something "useful"
something "practical"
something "actual"
something "physical"
some kind of "work"

I choose vacuuming

vacuuming hairs
and bits of grit
out of the purple carpet
finding more and more of them
vacuuming again and again
blessed to have
a working purple vacuum cleaner
and a powerful one
obsessing, you could say
but no
there is grit
there are hairs
gradually the situation is improving
this upper room
this loft
is now fairly clean
now there is the flight of stairs
the long, long flight of stairs
doing the top step
then, quitting

other things to do.

I love money.
I think it is good.
I think it is OK to just pursue it.
Sometimes that's the right thing to do.
I called a plumber.
He was kind.
He was even concerned
that my shower wasn't working.
He had some trouble.
He worked hard at it.
He got it working again.
He charged me an arm and a leg.
He even said he was giving me a break.
He even I think meant it.
And yet, he left me with a half assed faucet.
Nor did he care.
He had no thought, even, of doing better.
None of it was his fault.
It's just the way things are.
The workman does it half assed.
Just enough to get by.
That's the way of work.
If you are a worker
do not be discouraged.
If you wish it were better
I recommend prayer.

What money represents, though, is
infinite possibilities.
You will pay a price
for pursuing it.
You will be criticized.
Jesus will turn over your tables.
Don't pay any attention.

Turning this over and over in my mind,
this question, how to get money
yesterday, coming up with an idea:
a money machine. Now, to set it up.
(Do I have the courage? Will I take action,
or am I just blabbing?)
The parts exist.
At GoFundMe, people can click a button
that sends someone money.
It goes into their PayPal account, right?
No, I'm wrong!
Google: how does GoFundMe work?
GoFundMe/questions
How does it work? and
How do I get my money?
Request a withdrawal
directly to your bank account.

So
I did check my bank account.
(I actually have no money.)
See, taking action.
That was about another matter.
Now
I need to create a GoFundMe account
and link it to my bank account
(it can be done in 1 minute,
GoFundMe says)
and then create a campaign.