Wednesday, December 9, 2015

advice

With desperation creeping up
on me
the other day
I thought to seek out
a prayer
which I intended to repeat
out loud
again and again
as the greatly empowered monks
do.

I got the idea from a book
which I was reading out loud,
funny, that, and
in order to ensure my persistence.

I am not
they would say
a Buddhist
but Jesus, though I like him, is so irritating
the obsequiousness of his follower
so revolting
I chose a Buddhist prayer.
Two short moments later
it was in my laptop
a pretty yellow book
very lovely.

And I read it the whole way through
very fast, out loud
as the greatly empowered monks do
though
they do it every morning
and every evening
and maybe also at lunch time.

After reading The King of Prayers
(which is very sweet, I tell you)
through
two days in a row
on the third day
I could not bring myself to do it.
On the fourth day
I could not bring myself to do it either.

But, I was concerned.
"I will read something," I thought.
So, this idea of reading things out loud
for empowerment
whether they are prayers
or whatever they might be
has come to me.

If you try to just read this
silently
(this is called irony)
it is very likely you will fail.
But it is written with the idea of reading things out loud
in my mind.
If you do that
it might empower you
and,
you are more likely to in fact
read it.

Back to action.